Monday, December 26, 2011

Building Gingerbread Houses.

We make gingerbread houses every year. I see the kits in the stores and shake my head, thinking something along the lines of, "Sheesh, lazy... Just use some graham crackers and some icing and a milk carton and whatever toppings you already have". Well this year, I got off my high horse and bought two kits from Target. I justified it because they were on sale for $5.

What a moron I've been. The kits are awesome!!
And get this, they come with everything! Who knew.

Even though both kids needed my help to glue the pieces together, it was very easy going. After waiting the 30 minutes for the icing to harden, they got going on the decorations. I was so proud that neither of them copied the box. They each had their own ideas and if they need help with extra icing, they told me EXACTLY what they had in mind and watched very closely to make sure I wasn't confused...

Here they are, proudly showing off their houses.




And the side by side views


And the little details.
Frankie's is on the left and Grace's is on the right.


In other news, I love Christmas break.
It's as though the kids remember they are friends and actually do fun together.
For the past two nights, they've begged me for a sleepover in Frankie's room.
Frankie says, "Can we please have one room with two kids?"
He holds up his little fingers up to visually show me what he's talking about.

It's so stinking cute.
Of course I say yes. But the one rule is the room has to be clean for the sleepover to happen.
Last night, they started cleaning at 4:30p to ensure proper cleanliness.
Frankie sleeps with several flashlights, a sting of star lights from Ikea and a Lighting McQueen nightlight, among other things.
(We finally smartened up and started using rechargeable batteries.)
So they have a "light party" for a little bit. I let them mess around for 15 minutes or so before I go back in to shut the party down. Lights go right out and they snuggle down, no arguments.
Don't tell anyone, but last night I secretly went into Grace's room for the sole purpose of imagining it to be my craft room! Ha!!
I don't really think that would happen, but it was nice to think about it.

Over and out.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails