Saturday, May 7, 2011

Grace is Six. And a Garden Fairy Party.

Shocking, I know.
She wanted a fairy party.

For decorations,
I hung balloons upside down from the ceiling
(read: no $$$ helium necessary. Thank you gravity!).
For the walls,
we made paper napkin flowers from pretty napkins,
and Grace and I cut and colored butterflies.





The party started with all attendee's adorning bright pink glitter fairy wings for the girls and a fairy-catching net for our one boy.


Then the kids colored a cut-out picture of a fairy
which would later be used in our game,
Pin the Fairy on the Flower.


After the fairy was colored,
the kids colored/decorated their own
goody bags and flower pots.


Finally, they made fairy crowns with
beads,
pipe cleaners
and flowing ribbons and tole.


(love the bed head. That's after water and a brushing!)

After all the decorating,
we trouped outside to actually plant
the blooming petunias in the new pots.
This turned out to be a much slower process than I expected.
It wasn't a problem,
because they just ran around until it was their turn
at the tub o' dirt.

Things got a little crazy here, so no pictures.

When the pots were planted and water,
we made a visit to the chicks.
The kids LOVED seeing and holding all the chicks.
The chicks didn't.

Eight kids, eight chicks.
The chicks were happy to be left alone in their big blue tote.

Following a quick hand washing by all were,
FAIRY CAKES!!



We also had freckled lemonade
(lemonade with muddled strawberries).
I was surprised all but two liked the strawberries.

More handwashing...

Game time.
We played Pin the Fairy on the Flower
and everyone got a prize.



The other game we played was Musical Toadstools.
I've been grabbing the big sheets of plain cardboard from Costco (you know, the ones that separates the levels of paper towels and TP)
to have around the house for the kids to color on
and thought they would be perfect to use
for homemade toadstools.
I used a big lid as a guide,
cut them out and spray painted them red.
Then I used a big 2" punch
to get white paper circles,
which Grace glued on.

Presto, change-o,
Toadstools!

I searched around iTunes until I found
a few fairy-ish songs I liked
and that was our music.
We played the game twice.
The kids really got into it.
And surprisingly, no one minded when they were out.
The winners got a prize.

After the games, came presents.
Lovely, fairy presents.

Then I kicked everybody outside to wait for their parents.
Ha!
They were all too happy.

No one wanted to leave and I wasn't exhausted.
Win, win.
I basically had the cupcake crumbs to clean up and that was it.
Easy, easy.

Grace was super happy.


I'll spare you the annual
weepy,
my-baby-is-six-where-has-the-time-gone? routine
and just say,
I love my girl
and I'm so blessed that she's mine.





1 comment:

  1. Love, love the party theme! Such cute ideas for entertainment! You are so creative! I'll have to remember this one for my little princess. I can't believe yours is 6!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails