Monday, February 14, 2011

Kindergarten Valentine Party.

Grace's party was very low key.
And fast.
Man, it seemed like it was over before it started.

But they were all so happy.
It doesn't take much for five and six year olds.

Before their treats, they did a little dance they had been practicing.

Here they are, all lined up, anxiously waiting...


Girls on one side, all in their best pink.
Grace in her new Valentine's dress, with heart pin she and I made together.

Grace got to dance with her best bud, Harrison.


After the dance, they all got ice cream and cupcakes.


"Who wants ice cream?"
"I do please."
{I will sit and wait patiently and quietly with my hand raised nicely, while my mom picks her jaw up off the floor}

Then opened their Valentines.
They all had such good manners.
The next several minutes were filled with thank you's.
"Thank you, Grace."
"Thank you, Carson."
"Thank you, Cole."
On and on.
It was really very cute.

All too soon, it was time to clean up, stuff themselves back into all their snow clothes + go on home.
Oh yeah, there's nothing to document it, but Frankie was the one with the chocolate ice cream face, up in the loft, harassing the kids while they got dressed and tried to follow directions.
That kid.

It's a good thing he's cute
(and looks good in chocolate)

like tonight when I was reading to them before bedtime.
I look up at my two beautiful kids, squeaky clean from the bath with still damp hair
and notice....
a slightly brown mustache around Frankie's mouth.
{mind flashes to seeing Nutella jar in Frankie's room (AGAIN!) making the mental note to grab that after finishing whatever I was finishing...}
I forgot to grab it.

I say, "Frankie, did you eat chocolate?"
Frankie: "No." Poker face.
me: not so poker face, "Frankie... let me smell your mouth."
this apparently was the funniest thing I have ever said.
I start laughing, as I'm grabbing his chubby cheeks and Frankie is falling out of the bed laughing and then Grace starts laughing because she just can't help herself.
I finally get close enough to have my suspicions confirmed.
me: (while laughing) "YOU SMELL LIKE NUTELLA! Did you eat Nutella???"
Frankie: (laughing so hard, he's turning purple) "YES!!!"
me: exasperated, "Frankie!!!"

more laughing.

me: "No more taking the Nutella jar to your room, okay Buddy?!"
Frankie: "Okay, Mommy. I love you."

I promise, I don't make this stuff up.

1 comment:

  1. Grace's hair looks so cute, and I love, love the heart pin!
    Frankie is hilarious! He really does love his nutella.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails