Saturday, October 2, 2010

Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls.


I still feel very fall-ish.
I still want pumpkin.
So when I saw Katie's recipe for Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls over at goodLife{eats}, I knew I had to try them.

Making cinnamon rolls at home from scratch requires a little bit of forethought. You can't just wake up and say, "I want to have cinnamon rolls for breakfast" and BOOM! 30 minutes later you're sipping your coffee and breathing in the cinnamon-y goodness inches from your plate.

But. You can make them the night before so all you have to do in the morning is take the pan of prepared rolls out of the fridge, let them warm up a bit and pop them in the oven. Instant Mom, the Hero!

This recipe was very easy to make and even easier to eat!

I did a few things different from Katie's recipe. I used about half of the called for butter and sugar mixture for the filling and fat free cream cheese for the icing. The later was a mistake. Don't try to save calories on this one. Just admit you're going to splurge a little bit and go for it. It's fall; you can go outside and rake a few bags of leaves to make up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails