Thursday, September 16, 2010

What's in Your Lunchbox?


Remember I told you how much I am enjoying making Grace's lunches?

This is just an example of what I'm doing.
Now, this lunch is a little bigger than I normally make for her because yesterday, we had ice skating lessons after school and whatever was leftover, she could have for a snack.

In case you're wondering, that's strawberries, carrot sticks, a G shaped peanut butter sandwich, provolone cheese, pretzel sticks and fig newtons for a treat.

Here's why I like making her lunches (and Frankie's now too!) like this:
1. When she opens the lid, everything is right there for her. No need to waste her precious 15 minute lunch period trying to open things herself or having to wait (with a quiet hand...) for the lunch lady to help her.
2. No trash. Hello?!
3. It looks fun, so she (Frankie too!) eats it faster.

Cons (these are really very silly)
1. I have to think just a little bit more than normally.
2. I have leftover scraps that I need to make sure I use (more thinking...).

Plus, I love it! Making her lunch is a pleasure because she's super happy with the outcome and that always makes me feel great. In my chosen "profession", happy kids is about as close to a positive performance review as I'm going to get.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE these! I need to start taking notes! I love that there is no trash too! Way cool!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails