Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Spruced Up Tote Bag.


My friend had a birthday recently.
I really detest gift bags.
They are crazy money and after you open it up, you're left with this bag...

I like to give gifts in a container that can be used again.
Especially kid gifts.

I grab a 3 pack of these canvas bags from a craft store for around $6.
The buttons were $2. I had everything else.
So even though this "gift bag" may not be as cheap as a paper one, the benefit is it's reusable.
And cute!
For this bag, I just cut some fabric flowers and leaves out of material. After moving things around to find the best, cutest place, I used iron-on tape to adhere the fabric to the bag. Then I stitched around the outline of the flowers and leaves. I finished it with a cute button for the center.
That's it

Turned out pretty cute, huh?

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Love it! I am so with you on the gift bag thing. I have been trying to buy reuseable bags and use them as gift bags lately. But this i love, love, love! I've gotta try it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails