Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Frankie's Black Eye and a Bit More.


Here you can see his black eye. How did that happen?
He fell down on the tile. Face planted on the tile.
Boys.

So.
Big things are happening around here.
School is starting.
Last week, we got Grace all signed up for KINDERGARTEN.
Wow.
At registration we finally got THE LIST.
We took THE LIST and headed straight for Target.
She picked out glue, crayons, pencils, scissors, tissues (a pink box, of course) and headphones (again, also pink). When we got home, we also added a box of zip lock bags and a painting shirt.
This bag is loaded.
She loves to spread out all her school loot and look at it, then re-organize it back into her ginormous backpack.

Yes, two weeks from today, Grace is going to school.
It's full day kindergarten.
I'm not nervous.
I'm not sad.
I can't stand that I'm not going to know what's going on for such a HUGE chunk of her day.
I am going to have to rely on her re-telling capabilities, which are not always accurate...

I plan on spending these last couple weeks on having fun and getting our act together.
No more are the days to be spent messing around in our pjs until 10a.
We must get up, get dressed, eat breakfast and get on with our day.
Then at night, we will have dinner at a normal time, bath, story and in bed by 8p!
Wish me luck!



1 comment:

  1. OMG! I can't believe Grace is starting kindergarten! Where has the past five years gone? I am happy for her though. She is so cute organizing her supplies, I was the same way when I was little. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails