Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What's Cooking: Sauteed Pork Chops with Pears and Gorgonzola


I love this dish, love it! The flavor combination are perfect. It comes from my America's Test Kitchen 30 Minute Suppers magazine that I talked about here. I think this is my favorite one. I hope you love it too!

Sauteed Pork Chops with Pears and Gorgonzola
serves 4

Ingredients

4 bone-in rib or center-cut chops, about 1 inch thick (I use any pork I have...)
salt and pepper
1 T vegetable oil
1 firm Bosc pear, cored and cut into 3/4-inch wedges
1 t sugar
3/4 c chicken broth
2 t butter
1 T balsamic vinegar
1/3 c crumbled blue cheese

Pat pork dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat until just smoking. Cook pork until well browned, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to platter and tent with foil.

Toss pear with sugar, 1/4 t. salt, and 1/8 t. pepper in bowl. Add pear slices, cut-side down, to empty pan and cook until golden and beginning to soften, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Add broth and simmer until pears are softened, about 2 minutes. Transfer to platter with pork.

Continue to cook until sauce is slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Off heat, stir in butter and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper, Spoon sauce over pears and chops. Top with cheese. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails