Friday, April 9, 2010

Hooky

{waiting in line for the fish pond}

Where have I been all day, right?

We blew off the whole day! And it was great.

After I dropped off Grace at preschool this morning, Frank and I went to the gym.
(no, that's not a type-o).

Then we got a cup of coffee, picked up Grace and went to a drive-thru car wash.

Grace asked if we could go out to lunch, at the totem pole place (Arctic Roadrunner) for hamburgers. We said YES!

Then we went to the Sportsman's Show.
We looked at boats and fishing poles and animal skins and boat engines.
Every booth had something to give away. The kids were in heaven.

And we went to the kiddie fishing pond, where Grace caught a fish!

The sky was completely clear and the sun was shining so much I didn't use my coat past 10am.
I think it made us a little delirious.
We even had the sunroof open.

We skipped nap/quiet time.
No one had fruit with lunch.
I loved today.
Frank was with us the whole time and we were just for each other today.
Grace said it was THE BEST DAY EVER.

2 comments:

  1. The "best day ever" is something dear to treasure! I am so glad that you have had a day like that! They are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me silly, but this brought a tear to my eye. So sweet, these are the moments that life is made of! The moments you live for!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails