Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter!

So. On Saturday night, I hung the kids' Easter bags on their doorknobs and told them that the Easter Bunny would come in the middle of the night and leave a surprise inside. They loved that idea, very similar to Santa... Flash forward to Sunday morning, where I am woken up by a tearful, heartbroken little girl, carrying an EMPTY bag. "Mommy, the Easter Bunny didn't come last night. The Easter Bunny forgot me. The Easter Bunny didn't leave me anything in my bag". She's saying all of this while she's looking between her empty bag and into the depths of my soul.

I totally forgot to put any of the Easter stuff out.
I didn't hide the eggs. I didn't put their new stuffed animals into their bags.
I just completely forgot.

So I told her that the Easter Bunny was tricky and while she snuggled with Daddy in bed, I would look around and see if I could find where the Easter Bunny "hid" her Easter loot. After about five frantic minutes of hiding all the eggs and "hiding" the stuffed animals, I gave Grace a hint on where she should look. She was perfectly happy after that. In her mind, this incident just furthered concreted the fact that the Easter Bunny was indeed, tricky.

The rest of the morning was pretty typcal. We had to wait for Frankie to wake up and then they hunted. At first the hunting consisted of Grace checking the house like a mad man with Frankie following behind her. When she would find eggs, she would give one to him and keep one for herself. I thought that was very nice. Then Frankie caught on to the point of the egg hunt and the niceness was over. It was very man for himself. There weren't many eggs left by then so the drama didn't last too long.


After all the eggs were collected, they went to their separate corners and opened their eggs. Frankie opened all of his, all over the floor. Grace opened all of her eggs and sorted the eggs and their contents by color. Their behaviors are so inline with their personalities. Always interesting to see how different they are.

For breakfast, I used MY loot from my basket or in this case the brown box that nice UPS man delivered! Isn't it so thrilling to get a box with your name on it from a store you LOVE without having placed an order? Well, I think it is. Thank you, Mom and Gigi!

I got this!
An Ebelskiver Pan (filled pancakes)

{image via here}

And made these.



I thought they were great. I used lots of different fillings: Nutella, lemon curd, peanut butter, and my raspberry jam. All tasty, but I liked Nutella the best. Next time, I'm going to dice up some apples and make a little apple pie filling to put inside. Should be tasty.

I thought the kids were going to love them too; that they would be like another Easter surprise. I was wrong. So wrong. The way they carried on, you would have thought I filled them with mushy peas.
Oh well. I'll keep trying.

The rest of the day was pretty easy going. Frank and the kids worked on the boat, putting in a new heater and running hoses to get the heat to different parts of the boat. I went out there for a bit and played Go Fish with Grace. It was so relaxing. I love the boat. Can't wait to get back out on the water.

We had ham, twice-baked potatoes and broccoli. Grace made decorations for the table.
A cut out bunny for the middle and bunny place mats.
All very nice.
I hope you all had a lovely day as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails