Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pay It Forward

If I'm checking out at Costco or the grocery store and I see that you have just a few items, I'm the person who will let you go ahead of me. It's fine and I'm happy to do it. However, lately I haven't been feeling the, shall I say, karma love. I would like to think that my fellow man would repay me with the same courtesy. But it hasn't felt like that's been happening. I've still let people go in front of me because I feel it's the right thing to do, but I haven't been as happy about it. Until last week. I don't know what happened, but suddenly, nice things were coming my way for no reason and let me say, My Fellow Man, I appreciate it!

BJ, down at his garage, didn't charge me for my oil change. Frank goes there a lot and sends him business and BJ said that since Frank takes such good care of him, not to worry about paying him. Thank you, BJ!

Ray, our neighbor with the snowplow, plowed all the excess slush around our driveway and wouldn't let me pay him. Thank you, Ray!

Mark, my brother with the photo and matting skills, bought the mat, custom cut one for me and finished framing my new poster, just because. Thank you, Mark!{My new poster. Love it.}
It's a WWII Propaganda Posters.
It makes me proud to be an American.

Meagan, my dear friend, sent me a pound of my most favorite coffee, La Colombe. Thank you, Meagan!

Now if i see you only have a couple items, I will happily let you cut in front of me.

1 comment:

  1. The coffee was my pleasure, you do so many sweet and generous things for me, it was the least that I could do!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails