Sunday, February 21, 2010

I Heart This Book

One of my big projects this summer is starting my garden. My vegetable garden. As much as I love going to the farmer's market, I can't wait to start harvesting my own produce. This book has only fueled my enthusiasm.

Outside of the beautiful pictures on glossy pages, Gayla really emphasizes the importance of growing food organically. Another thing I love is her ability to show me I don't need a huge amount of space to start growing my own food; simply having a window box would be enough to get started. The layout and basic instructions make this an easy read. I feel inspired when I read this book. I've left it out of my kitchen counter because just looking at it makes me excited. I'm even thinking about making a little garden apron! If you've ever thought about growing your own food or are just looking for a new coffee table book to help bring spring in, this is a great (and beautiful!) reference book to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails