Monday, February 1, 2010

Chore Charts


A few months ago, I realized I needed to start giving Grace more responsibility. She's old enough to keep her room tidy, get dressed by herself, carry her dishes to the sink and I gave her the chore of keeping up on the cat's food and water. I wanted her to have a chore chart type of thing to be able to "see" her progress. After lots of searching I found this one. I love that I can completely customize the whole thing, including her name, to suit her needs. The wording on it, "this is how I help my family" is just want I want to teach her. That this house is for our family and since she is a part of this family, she needs to contribute to it.

She feels very proud when she can get a check and complete a whole line.

2 comments:

  1. Kariane, I'm so happy you found this chore chart helpful and that your daughter likes it too. Thanks so much for sharing it on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I will have to remember this when Tyler gets a little older. I too appreciate how it says "to help the family"!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails