Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Boat Tour

So. Before I started in on sharing the fabulous stories from our two trips in our new boat, I wanted to give you a quick tour.

It's hard for me to know where to start. The galley, because I now have a place to cook and wash dishes. The V Berth because we now have a bed that doesn't require being blown up before hand. The bathroom, ahhh, doesn't need too much explaining...

I'll start with the galley.

Just look at all that counter space! The black rectangluar thing off to the left flips up and has TWO burners. Lovely. Three cabinets for storage and off to the right is a microwave. If you have to do dishes, you can't beat this view...

Next, the V Berth.

It's called that because it's shaped like a V. Plenty of room. Frank and I decided to take it and give the kids the stateroom because it has a door. Ha ha. Good night kiddy's. It gives Frank and I the WHOLE BOAT during nap time and bed time. Lovely. Plus, what kid doesn't love having little nooks to hide away in?!

Dinette

A cool feature here is the table comes down to provide extra sleeping space...

Another view.

The to right is the stateroom. To the left is the bathroom. Oh, you can see the fridge here too. Yet another bonus.

Speaking of bathrooms...


Not exactly spacious, but completely functional, shower included.

Moving on...

The Helm.
This is where the magic happens.


This is part of the cockpit. It has a great bench seat and this table, giving the kids and I plenty of room to hang out next to Frank while we drive.


I couldn't leave out my lovely grill. Happily mounted off the stern.


For now I'll leave you with a picture of Frank and I. We love the new boat. Like all things that have more parts and pieces, we are having more challenges with this one (read: a lot more things break and go wrong in the middle of the ocean at inopportune times...) but we are 100% happy and feel beyond blessed to have such a vehicle to share with our family.

Come back tomorrow with tales of our two trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails