Monday, July 6, 2009

Bears Are So Much Cuter in the Zoo.


As if I don't have enough to think about...

This past Friday night, Frank and I were up too late (around midnight) when we heard some racket outside around the front porch area. Our neighbor can be loud when messing around outside, so we didn't really think much of it. But being the curious (read: nosy) people we are, we wanted to see what was going on. I peeked out the screen door and around the corner, looking up to wear his house is. Then I saw what slightly looked like two legs, about ten feet from me. I thought it was a man, bent over pushing something. I thought, who is stealing what from us? But then after another half of step I saw the rest of it. It was a large BLACK BEAR!! At this point, it heard me and quickened it's step just a little.

Now I'm not one of those people who like to be close to wild animals. I have a HUGE respect for the fact that they are in fact, wild and WILL EAT ME. I came right back inside and told Frank in a loud, freaked out whisper, "It's a bear. It's a big black bear!" We were just sitting there with only the screen door between us and a BEAR. It totally could have came inside looking for food. Instead it ate this juice box and rummaged through one of our recycling bins. We followed it around the house via windows until it finally went looking through the neighbors big dumpster they have for their remodel, got bored and went down the driveway, across the street and into the woods...

We tired to take some picutes, but it just didn't work out. Needless to say, the kids' leash just got a little shorter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails